Christopher Columbus, Columbus, Ohio
The Christopher Columbus statue stands in front of City Hall. The sculpture was lost wax cast in Italy during the 1930's and is 30 ft tall. We first restored the sculpture in 1988 and dismantled Christopher Columbus statue to transport to our facility in Pennsylvania.
The bronze sculpture and bronze plaques were divested and thoroughly clean before a hot chemical patina was applied. A new anchor system was constructed due to the original had totally disintegrated. The new anchor system was fabricated in bronze and stainless steel.
Approximately ten years after our original conservation, the city of Columbus asked us to perform a maintenance hot wax treatment on site. Scaffolding was erected for our technicians to apply the hot wax treatment